The Winter League will take place this year 2021-22 meaning the side allocated on the winter league fixture list will be closed for the match to take place, all fixture dates are on the fixture list page.
|Nov 6th||Sat||Tin Mill Dam||Silver||9am||10 -3|
|Nov 20th||Sat||Tin Mill Dam||Carp||9am||10 – 3|
|Dec 4th||Sat||Tin Mill Dam||Silver||9am||10 – 3|
|Dec 18th||Sat||Tin MillDam||Carp||9am||10 – 3|
|Jan 8th||Sat||Tin Mill Dam||Silver||9am||10 – 3|
|Jan 22nd||Sat||Tin Mill Dam||Carp||9am||10 – 3|
|Feb 5th||Sat||Tin Mill Dam||Silver||9am||10 – 3|
|Feb 19th||Sat||Tin Mill Dam||Carp||9am||10 – 3|
|March 5th||Sat||Tin Mill Dam||Silver||9am||10 – 3|
|March 19th||Sat||Tin Mill Dam||Carp||9am||10 – 3|
Des Stancill with his winning weight of Silver Fish of 28Lb 13oz caught on the Winter League match held on the Carp Side on Saturday 20th November
- Membership is now closed & will open again on 14th March 2022. The fishery is open to all those that have joined this year it does not mean the fishery is closed as one member e-mailed me thinking it was closed.
- Work has started on removal of the Gabions & improving the Banks ,the first Gabion at just below the back of the Dam was removed & it was a surprise how much Silt had been held back by this one Gabion, it is slowly getting washed away which should over time enable the River bed to get scoured out & the river take a natural course. Work will be taking part on the other Gabions in the next few weeks.
Five New Islands have been put in the Carp Side at Tin Mill Dam on Friday 14th May, this offers the fish spawning areas & protection from Cormorants, the Environment Agency is helping fund this project with a grant that is made available from the Licence fee that Anglers pay. We thank them for this we also have later in the year plans to improve the River making it more natural.
Thanks to Andy Glover, Steve Thickett, Scott Taylor, Darren Brown & Karl Carnegie for their hard work in assisting the contractors as it would have taken hours more without their help.
- Please do not put rubbish in the metal bins at Tin Mill these are for the use of the bailiffs, & used for burning not rubbish, please take your rubbish home
- We have improved the parking areas on the Lane & extended the Car Park & made access better to the pegs on the Silver Side
- A 60 metre length of drainage pipe has been put in at the entrance to Tin Mill along with 10 ton of hardcore, please drive slowly until the hardcore has got compressed fully, this should take all the excess water away from the road.
- We have had a machine in digging into the side of the area where cars park ,making it easier for parking on the road at the the side of the Dam & he has extended the Silver side car park & improved access to pegs from the car park to the pegs near the inlet. Please park properly especially in the Silver Side Car Park, take notice of the information signs.
- Wharncliffe Estates insist that the gate must be closed at night. November the gate will be open at 6-30am to 7am & closed at 4-30pm, it will be no use ringing me as i do not have access to the combination for the gate, times for the opening & closing of the gate in future months will be put on this site & on the gate. Sorry for any problems this may cause but its to protect the wood that may be stacked from being stolen. Also it stops poachers getting their vehicles to the Dam at night, As i say the Contractors will be returning throughout the year to thin the trees but this will not affect our fishery or Anglers.
They have also widened the road, put better drainage in & cleared all the dangerous trees near the road, for which we thank them.
Please enjoy yourselves but follow the rules as breaking them could lead to us losing the joy of fishing & the joy of being out in the fresh air watching the wildlife.
On Friday 13th December 150Lb of Bream weighing about 1Lb each, at a cost of £10 per Lb were put in the Silver Side along with a few Ide pictures of them are shown below. Along with the other introduction of fish on 28th October the total cost has been £4000
On Monday 28th October 2019 approximately 200 Carp were put in the Carp Side & 200 Ide in the Silver Side, pictures of these fish below
The Road to Tin Mill has been repaired at a cost of nearly £1000 paid for by the club, using a different type of filler, please drive carefully & not race as this loosens the filler.
The 100Lb match weight was broken for the second time by Gary Yorke on the 28th July Carp match, he weighed 105Lb 03oz.
Will members please brush their Carp Mats & not soak them in the net dip solution as it costs the Club nearly £50 every time we have to top them up with the disinfectant.
On the Carp Match on Sunday 30th June Mark Maloney became the first Angler to catch above 100Lb on a Tin Mill Carp match, he weighed 114Lb 13oz but he had too many fish in his first net so he could have added 8Lb 9oz to his weight, congratulations to him as he will always be the first to do this feat.
On Tuesday 12th March contractors electro netted the inlet that feeds Tin Mill Dam, there were many species & sizes of fish trapped in the inlet, they were put back in the Tin Mill Dam. We got approximately 130Lb of fish from the inlet mainly small fish. Bream, Roach, Ide, Chub, Perch
Members are reminded that all Carp must be landed by Landing net & returned to the water by Landing Net not thrown back in.
On Wednesday 20th December 2018 330Lb of Carp weighing 1 to 2lb were put in the Carp Side along with some Bream 1 – 2lb in weight, the rest of the 1-2lb Bream were put in the Silver Side along with 250 8″ Ide, 200 8″ to 10″ Bream, also 60 8″ to 10″ Chub, the total cost was £4800. Unfortunately the pictures i took did not come out.
The Winter League for 2018/19 has been cancelled due to lack of interest
2017 £2000 of Crucian Carp & Tench were put in the Silver Side pictures of them are below
Below are the Carp introduced into the Carp side on 19th October at a cost of £1750, they are from our usual supplier Epperstone Park Hatcheries of Nottingham.
2017 A.G.M Report
New rules passed were
Only in line feeders to be used & they must be free running, the x safe feeders will be allowed
Ropes will be put across the Silver side with tassels on to try to deter the Cormorants this winter
Along with dummies in the Carp side on the Islands. If you spot anybody interfering with them please report it to the Secretary.
The Road to Tin Mill has been repaired again, please use responsibly
On 12th December 125 Bream, 156 Ide, 114 Chub were put in the Silver Side & 114 Barbel were put in the Carp side all fish were 8” to 10” the total cost was £2500. We also have had the KHV disease controls lifted, we will still carry on with the dipping tanks.
250 Ide 8” to 10” & 250 Chub 8” to 10” where put in the Silver Side on 13th November 2015 at a cost to the Club of £1000
270Lb of Carp 10” plus & 186 Carp 8” to 10” were put in the Carp Side on 19th October.
Members are advised not leave their tackle unattended.
Entry to matches run by the Club
As the matches run by the club are getting more popular it is important that all Anglers wishing to fish any match must phone the Secretary to ensure that a place is available on the relevant match. If the match is full & you turn up on the day we will have to turn you away, which we don’t want to do.
On the Tin Mill Silver matches the maximum number is 17 Anglers in the summer & on the Carp Side 24 Anglers.
500 8″ to 10″ Carp were introduced into the Carp Side on Tuesday 28th October at a cost of £2000
All nets and carp nets must be dipped in disinfectant Before and after fishing. It is important that nets are dipped before leaving the fishery to make sure there is no transfer of any disease & the only way anglers can ensure that no diseases are spread to other waters is by dipping the nets & then ensuring they are dry before going on any other fishery.
We must work to guidelines from Cefas for the next few years.
250 10″ to 12″ Barbel which were put in the Carp Side on Friday 22nd November at a cost of £2685.
Some of the 750 F1 hybrid carp, which have been put in the carp side of the Tin Mill Dam on the 17th of October.